Itinerant Vendors

The City of Sallisaw has adopted an ordinance dealing with Itinerant (Transient) Vendors who operate on a temporary basis in the City of Sallisaw. 

What is an Itinerant Vendor?  An Itinerant vendor is defined as any person, whether as owner, agent, consignee or employee, whether a resident of the city or not, who engages in a temporary business of selling and delivering goods, wares and merchandise within the city, except those engaging in garage sales, sales of non-profit entities and/or organizations, special event vendors or special events, and those selling handcrafted furniture, artworks and/or crafts, fruits, vegetables and food products at the Farmers Market.

If you meet the definition above, you are required to obtain a license from the City of Sallisaw before you attempt to sell any goods or merchandise within the city limits of Sallisaw.

Where do I get my license?  License may be obtained at City Hall by contacting the office of the City Clerk.  Please review the license guidelines before completing the license application.

Itinerant Vendor Ordinance
Itinerant Vendor License Application

City Clerk Office

  1. Kim Jamison

    City Clerk/Treasurer


    Lisa Gabbert

    Deputy City Clerk/Treasurer


    115 E. Choctaw

    Sallisaw, OK  74955

    Ph: (918) 775-6241

    Fx: (918) 775-9550


    Monday - Friday

    8:30 am - 4:30 pm