The Sallisaw Sports Complex opened in May 2016. The modern sports complex sits on 130 acres and offers first class playing fields for both baseball and softball. Each quad has its own concession and restroom facilities. The complex is operated by the Sallisaw Youth League under a contract with the Sallisaw Municipal Authority
LHL: Lightning Hazard Level. A number from 1-9. 1 means a 10% chance of lightning and 9 which means 90% chance of lightning within the Sensor Range (normally 12-15 miles). An LHL greater than 4 indicates lightning is occurring or has the potential of occurring in your area.
DI: Dynamic Index. Number from 1.0 - 9.9 “1” means 10% chance and 9.9 means 99% chance of lightning within close proximity of your sensor location. A DI greater than zero means there is lightning in the area!
AD: Alarm Level. Any time you get a Red Alert, the AD will start at 10 which means you have at least 10 minutes until you could get an All Clear signal. The AD will reset itself to 10 until all static charge is out of the area and play can resume. The AD will count down when no “new” surges in energy have been detected.
FCC: Field Collapse Count. Basically, the FCC number gives you an idea of how many lightning strikes have occurred within the sensor range. It is helpful to watch the FCC count as the system goes from Caution-Warning-Red Alert as it allows you to see how “active” a storm is in terms of lightning strikes.
Sequoyah Trail is a one (1) mile, concrete trail with a 1/2 mile crossover. Benches are located along the trail. An exercise station will be added in the near future. The trail has quickly became a favorite for walkers and joggers.