Residential Curbside Sanitation Services
The City of Sallisaw provides weekly sanitation services for residential poly carts. These routes run Monday thru Friday. For pickup services, customers must have their poly cart curbside by 7:00 a.m. of the day their route is serviced.
Basic Rules for Placing Poly Carts Curbside:
The City of Sallisaw uses a side load sanitation truck for running most sanitation routes in the city. To properly place your trash container on the curb for pickup we ask that the following guidance be followed:
- Polycarts must be placed within 2 to 3 feet of the edge of the street with the lid opening facing the street, wheels away from the street.
- All trash must be bagged and must be contained in the polycart so that the lid can close properly. No additional trash on top of the lid, or next to the polycart.
- If there are two (2) or more polycarts, they must be placed at least two (2) feet apart.
- If you find that you need an additional polycart(s), the charge for each additional is $6.00 per month. You may request a second polycart, or more, by contacting customer service at (918)775-6241.
- Do not place polycarts next to fire hydrants, gas meters, or next to any obstructions such as parked cars, mailboxes, trees, or basketball goals. If you have a question about placement of your polycart, please contact the Sanitation Superintendent and he will schedule a time to come and visit with you on site.
- Polycarts must be placed curbside by 6:00 a.m. on the scheduled day of collection.
- All empty polycarts must be removed from the curb within 24 hours.
Commercial Dumpster and Roll Off Services
The City of Sallisaw provides dumpster services for commercial customers. These dumpsters are of various sizes and can be serviced up to fives times per week.
For larger one time commercial jobs, the city also provides roll off containers. These containers are set by the city and must be pre-paid at city hall.
For more information on all commercial sanitation services, please contact city hall.