Animal Welfare

Animal Welfare
 The Animal Control Officer is responsible for enforcement of all animal ordinances of the City. This officer is authorized to issue citations for any violations of the animal laws. The officer also works closely with local animal shelters and citizens on adopting animals.
Humane pic.jpg
For more information on adoptions please contact the Animal Control Officer.

The shelter does not accept animals from outside the city limits of Sallisaw.


To make a donation to the Sallisaw Animal Care Facility, complete the Animal Care Donation Form and bring form to City Hall along with your donation.  

Contact Us

To report a stray animal or to contact the Animal Control Officer, please call (918) 775-6241. In an emergency, call (918) 775-4141.

Tips for your Pets

Home Safety Guide for Pet Owners

Hot and cold weather can be very stressful for your pets.  Follow the link below for tips on how to care for your outdoor animals. 
Petfinder Hot Weather Tips
Petfinder Winter Tips for Animals
Petfinder Winter Tips for Keeping Your Dog Active and Fit