Water Leak Adjustment

Water Leak Adjustment
It is the policy of the City of Sallisaw to provide partial relief to customers in good standing in the instance a customer has sustained a loss of billable water due to a leak on their premises. The leak adjustment will not exceed 75% of the calculated loss during the period that the leak occurred. This will be determined by averaging the previous 12 months of water usage during time of no leaks. If twelve months of history is not available, the amount will be determined by information available. If a customer has sewer services with the city, any water adjustment will also apply to their sewer rate calculation.

Credits will only be applied to the utility account, no checks will be issued. 

To qualify for a leak adjustment the customer must meet the following criteria:
  1. Suffered a water leak on their premises between the water meter and their home/facility
  2. Leaks inside the premise (toilets, faucets, water tanks, etc...) do not qualify for adjustment.
  3. Had the leak repaired immediately upon discovery.
  4. Has not had a prior leak adjustment in the preceding 12 months. 
  5. Customer must request an adjustment within 14 days of having the leak repaired. 
  6. Customer must complete the city's "Request for Water Adjustment Due to Leak" form. 
  7. Customer must submit an original receipt from a plumber or receipt for the materials/equipment used in the repair.
Water Leak Adjustment Request Form