Beginning July 1, 2012, the city landfill facility will offer city residents the opportunity to dispose of one load of waste on the first Saturday of each month. For this servicecustomers must follow the following rules.
1. The first Saturday of each month is designated as "No Charge Saturday" for city residential customers only.
2. If the customer is disposing of items from their primary residence, there is no charge. If items being disposed of are coming from other locations, the posted fee schedule will apply.
3. Customers will be allowed one (1) no charge dump per month on the designated Saturday. All other trips to the facility will be charged the posted fees.
4. All loads must fit inside a normal 1/2 ton pickup bed with no side rails (typically 5 ft x 8 ft x 4 ft high). Trailers up to 16 ft with side rails up to 4 ft. will be allowed to dump as well.
5. Dump trucks will not be allowed to utilize the no charge dumping.
6. Vehicles that display logos of businesses will not be allowed to utilize the no charge dumping.
7. Customer must present the following upon entering the facility:
a. A valid Oklahoma drivers license showing the place of residence as a location within the city limits.
b. A copy of the most recent City of Sallisaw utility bill in the customer's name.
c. Vehicles must have Oklahoma tag.
8. Waste from charities, churches, or other non-profit organizations may be accepted if approved by the Landfill Supervisor in advance.
9. Types of Refuse: For No Charge Saturday, city residential customers may dispose of the following types of refuse:
a. Normal household type waste coming from the customer's residence.
b. Yard debris such as leaves, dirt, grass clippings.
d. Demolition items only if it originated from the customer's residence and fits the dimensions of the truck/trailer noted above.